Monday, February 28, 2011

While the coffee kicks in

Taxes are done.

2010 was a light work year for me with only 5 months of full time employment. One of those months was my final month with a beloved long term nanny child. The other four months were spent trying to find a way to fit in a position that was an ill fit (understating). The children were lovely. It was a job I took for all the wrong reasons and against my own best judgement. My reason for dragging you through this history so that you can share my joy in the fact that I received a full tax refund. It is money I will be getting back from the government, not my former employers, yet it feels like final closure from a nanny job I never should have pursued.

Getting out for an hour long walk is unlikely today. The current temperature is -23c with an apparent windchill of -35c. I could bundle up and manage a fifteen to twenty minute walk.

What will happen today is some serious list making. A former charge and I used to follow this cleaning routine http://www.todaysparent.com/lifeasparent/article.jsp?content=20080215_135819_1760&page=1 . One plan for today is to write out a weekly guide that will work for me in this home. This home has been mine for almost a year now but for the first few months of living here I felt like tourist learning the culture of a new land. This place now feels completely like our home now and I'm finally ready to take some initiative around here. 

My empty coffee cup signals that it is time for me to get off my mascot butt and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment