Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Party Time

I woke up this morning with poofy eyes and a pounding head due to crying right before falling asleep. There wasn't anything specific bothering me and I suspect it was a blow off steam kind of cry. Regardless, I have sore eyes.

This evening I will be hosting a princess party. The gathering is smaller than I anticipated but I cannot say that I mind. I've been intending and looking forward to spending some one-on-one time with the sole guest for quite some time now. Once today's morning coffee kicks in I will create a menu, house rules list, and party schedule for tonight. I won't force us to follow the schedule but it might be a handy resource should we find ourselves in an uncomfortable staring silence.

This next part might be exceedingly dull but it is best to get it out of my head. If one more person asks if I am pregnant I might burst into tears. While I understand that everyone is excited I am surprised by the people adults who ask again and again. I have been practicing responses but think I will work on smiling and shrugging OR telling people to fuck off. I suspect the response will depend on the day and the inquirer.

3 comments:

  1. another reason it's probably getter that it's just the two of us: I'm having a bad hair day that even a tiara can't cure!

    ReplyDelete