Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day

I'm going to pretend that you didn't notice that I didn't blog my weekly review and goals yesterday.

Last week's goals were met. Hurray for aiming low.

This week's goals will return to being challenging not just token things I can check off a blog list!

  1. Get out for at least an hour long walk every day
  2. Read a novel that I haven't read before
  3. Write a long overdue letter to a friend in England
  4. Write a card to my former roomie and be specific about the ways she didn't suck
  5. Deal with the circle of clutter I have created downstairs and reduce my collection of stuff to just one small storage container.
In honour of trying to conceive I have given up drinking. I am abstaining 100% when around friends and 100% during the two weeks between the attempt and finding out. I miss wine and beer and amaretto. My husband has been warned that I will likely cry every time conception doesn't occur and that what I will need is a hug, some kisses and a stiff drink.

This morning I received a response to an ad for childcare that I placed last week. It would be wonderful to be able to spend a portion of each week hanging out with an awesome little person who needs a great nanny while their mommy and daddy work. I replied to the inquiry and was forthcoming about the fact that we are trying to conceive. Although disclosing such information might exclude me from the running, I prefer to be up front and hope for the best. Fingers crossed.

In honour of Pi day I will be preparing my first ever pot pies for dinner tonight. The recipe I will be trying out is found here; http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chicken-Ham-and-Fennel-Pot-Pies-2478
I'm especially looking forward to putting Pi symbols on the top of each pie. If the pies are photo worthy I will upload a picture tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment